2016 GCSE Results
- 86% gained A*-C grades in Mathematics
- 70% gained A*-C grades in English
- 87% gained A*-C grades in Business
- 76% gained A*-C grades in at least one Science
- 68% of pupils achieved a grade C or above in GCSEs (or equivalent) in 5 or more subjects, including English and maths
- 78% of pupils studying English and 75% studying maths achieved at least the minimum expected levels of progress between KS2 and KS4.
The JCB Academy Performance Table
The JCB Academy Principal, Jim Wade said:
“It is very pleasing to see that for the second year running over 85% of students achieved an A*-C in mathematics, a course so important to progressing as an engineering or business leader.
“I could not be more proud of the achievements of our young people and how the experiences they have had at The JCB Academy have prepared them for university and their future careers. Students excel in engineering and business at the academy and it is especially pleasing when a subject such as English literature, not traditionally associated with The JCB Academy, enables two thirds of students to achieve A*-B grades”.